Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Brochure


After I made my website I straight away made a printed version of it. The five main pages of the site: welcome; biography; career; ramona; and contact; became the five pages of the brochure. I created high resolution slides of the five pages and brought them to a printer. I picked out some nice paper, showed them the size I wanted, which was about the size of a greeting card, and asked them to print up a sample and staple it all together into a little book. It looked great. I couldn't resist. 

I had them print off a hundred copies of the brochure, which gives a little information about me and Ramona and how you can contact me. It wasn't that cheap, probably about $500 to get the brochures all printed up and assembled. But they really do look professional. 

Now when I write to agents, which is the next step in my campaign to take over the publishing world, I'll be able to slide a brochure into the envelope. And while I can't be certain that the agent will read the sample chapters of the book that I send, I can be pretty sure that they'll have a look at the brochure. It's short, it gives some good information that I want to get across, and it's full of nice photos. Fingers crossed this little investment will pay off. 

No comments: